Here’s his transformation from a skinny, chubby faced kid to a Geordie Shore cast reject.
I wanted him to understand that success is all about effort and working your but off every day – in the gym, at school and in life.
- Kept things stupidly simple by working on the basic lifts day in, day out.
- Technique, technique and technique.
- Focused on getting strong on the basics.
- He first did the starting strength programme, then he did the “simple strength training programme” and now he auto-regulates his training.
- He finally has enough experience to tailor his training to match his needs.
- Calories!! The man hates eating so I forced 3 weight gainer shakes in to him a day. Plus he has to eat more.
- Worked on mobility and flexibility from the start.
- All I have to do now is just try to slow him down to try and prevent injuries.
His current lifts: (all in KG)
- Barbell row 180x3x8
- Overhead press 110×3
- Bench Press 140×3
- Close Grip bench press 120 for reps
- Squat 140×5
The scary thing is he has still major gaps to improve on. Like diet, training and effort.
There is no secrete- just hard work.